The metals and mining industry is presently being confronted with many challenges and obstacles. The price of metals significantly affects new plant viability and therefore creates constant pressure to increase productivity and efficiency while lowering product costs. More and more facilities are moving to solvent extraction/electrowinning processes. The high rate of corrosion resulting from these processes (severe acid and acid vapor environments) is presenting the industry with significant corrosion control challenges.
Carboline is a proven supplier of highly chemical resistant coatings for steel structures and equipment that can withstand aggressive chemicals, physical abuse, and abrasion. Our reputation is built on providing a complete range of high performance and ultra durable maintenance coatings which meet the demands of the metals and mining industry.
Problems We Solve:
- Protecting steel and concrete from corrosion, abrasion, and weathering
- Over-coating existing coatings, marginally prepared surfaces, or wet/damp substrates
- Aggressive chemicals, corrosive high temperature cargos found in storage tank
- Protecting concrete from chemical splash and spillage for secondary containment areas
- Quick to service application with long service life and color retention
- Providing passive fire protection for in industrial and commercial sites
- Below ground/buried, corrosion, impact, and abrasion resistance